¿WHAT IS PCI SECURITY STANDARDS COUNCIL?
Open global forum, created in 2006 by American Express, Discover Financial Services, JCB International, MasterCard and Visa, Inc., for the formulation, improvement, storage, dissemination and permanent application of security standards for the protection of account data.
WHAT IS PCI DSS?
Certifies the security standard of the companies (debit and credit) and helps to reduce the risk of fraud. It is a set of requirements addressed to companies that process, transmit and / or store this information and that must validate compliance periodically.
WHO MUST ACOMPLISH WITH PCI DSS?
All entities that participate in the processing of payment cards, including merchants, processors, financial institutions, card issuers and service providers, as well as all other entities that store, process or transmit data of the owner of the card.
WHY COMPLY WITH PCI DSS?
- It means that the systems are safe and Increases the confidence of customers who repeat the purchase, knowing that the confidential data of their cards are safe.
- Improves the reputation with acquirers and brands of the payment sector.
- Compliance with regulations is a continuous process, helps to prevent security breaches and the theft of credit card data in the short, medium and long term.
- It helps to comply with other regulations such as HIPAA, SOX, etc.
- It allows developing a corporate security strategy in the company.
- It allows identifying ways to improve IT infrastructures.