PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard)
Sipay Plus is the first European gateway which has achieved PCI DSS certification. This award recognizes the effort and maximum compliance with safety standards established in the payments methods industry by Sipay, which continues incorporating the necessary resources against bank card fraud by protecting infrastructure that processes, transmits or stores data on credit cards and / or debit card.
Antifraud & cost protection in case of threat, incident or legal costs.
Image & business reputation protection to security breach.
The risks associated with information cards are reduced.
Increased confidence by customers, with the use of secure systems.
A common safety culture is set to all members of the organization.
Frequently asked questions about PCI
¿What is PCI Security Standards Council?
The PCI Security Standards Council is a global forum for the ongoing development, enhancement, storage, dissemination and implementation of security standards for account data protection. The Council was founded in 2006 by American Express, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard and Visa Inc.
¿What is PCI DSS?
The PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) standard certifies the security standard of the principal card (debit and credit) issuer companies and helps to reduce fraud. It is a set of requirements addressed to those companies which process, transmit and/or store this information and must validate their compliance periodically.
¿Who must comply PCI DSS?
All entities involved in processing payment cards, including merchants, processors, financial institutions, card issuers and service providers. Also, all the entities that store, process or transmit the cardholder´s data or sensitive authentication data.
¿Why comply with PCI DSS?
- Systems are secure and therefore increases the confidence of customers, who repeat purchases knowing that sensitive card data is safe.
- Improves the reputation with acquirers and brands of the payment methods sector.
- The compliance is an ongoing process, that helps to prevent security breaches and credit cards data theft in the short, medium and long term.
- It helps to comply with other regulations such as HIPAA, SOX, etc.
- It allows developing a corporate security strategy in the company.
- Identifies ways of improving the IT infrastructure.